Who else is super excited for football, sweaters, apple picking and pumpkin everything?! I love fall! The cool air is so refreshing after a hot summer and the leaves changing makes everything look so pretty. Typically I am not a person that likes too many pumpkin tasting things but this year I started out enjoying them! So the first thing I did was make some cream cheese pumpkin muffins with my husband. And man they are so yummy!
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffin
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15oz) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375°. Put your muffin cups into your muffin pan and set it aside.
- *In a medium bowl whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt together. Set it aside.
- *In a large bowl mix the pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar together.
- *Beat in the eggs and add the vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- *Slowly whisk in the flour mixture. Mix until there are no lumps.
- *Fill muffin tins until they are 3/4 full.
- *In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract together. Mix until well combined.
- *Top each muffin with about a 1/2 tablespoon (or to your liking) of the cream cheese mixture.
- *Use a toothpick to swirl the cream cheese mixture around the top of the muffin.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes. [or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean]
- Store muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
These muffins look unique with the cream cheese swirl on top and they taste delicious! I liked them best warm but you can eat them cold or at room temperature as well. They are the perfect fall treat!